A Simple Path to Predictable and Excellent Endodontics (Hands-On) with Dr. Michael Ribera
October 9 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Presenter: Michael J. Ribera, DMD, MS
Date: Saturday, October 9th, 2020
Time: 8:30am – 4:30pm
Sponsored by: Dentsply Sirona
Location: 1060 Main St, Suite 201, River Edge, NJ 07661
CE Credits: 7
AGD Code: 070
Subject: Endodontics Participation
*Boxed lunch included for in-person courses
If your goal is to attend a presentation packed with simple, efficient, and clinically relevant information for immediate integration into your everyday endodontic practice, this course is designed with you in mind. Emphasis will be placed on the effectiveness of the single file WaveOne shaping technique. In addition, technique animations and clinical video-clips illustrating safe and efficient access, cleaning, shaping, and obturation of root canal systems in three dimensions will be shown to hopefully take effective clinicians into a level of higher performance and personal satisfaction.
The program is full of what-you-need-to-know pearls of wisdom regarding the latest concepts, techniques, and technologies in performing predictable and high quality endodontic treatment. In the hands-on workshop, each workstation will be equipped with the armamentaria necessary to implement the learned techniques and to participate fully.
- Importance of establishing accurate diagnoses via reliable pulp testing techniques.
- How to effectively achieve straight line access and avoid separating instruments.
- Strategies that maximize negotiating root canals to length while avoiding blockages.
- Understanding of the importance of owning the glide path for rotary/reciprocation files to follow.
- Reliable management of working length determination and rationale for apical and lateral patency.
- Efficiency and safety of the single file shaping technique.
- Efficient use and logical sequence of intra-canal irrigants and chelating agents.
- Efficient and effective hydrodynamic disinfection of the root canal system.
- Advantages of the pre-enlargement technique, thermosoftened obturation, and sealer hydraulics during 3-D compaction.
Each attendee is required to bring at least two previously extracted and coronally accessed teeth.
- Verify/check coronal access has been performed.
- Identify all root canal orifices.
- Complete access by performing radicular access -- use X-Gates, orifice openers, PTG SX orifice opener file.
- Perform coronal-to-two-thirds canal pre-enlargement -- use PTG SX shaping file.
- Establish working length -- use chelating agent ProLube, small hand files, and EAL.
- Own the glide path (all canals) using WaveOne Gold Glider glide path file.
- Shape all main canals – use WOG shaping files.
- Hydrodynamically disinfect the system – use Endo Activator with QMix & NaOCl.
- Obturate the system in 3-D -- use carrier-free GuttaCore.
- Complete the rest of the seal - use resins to bond pulpal floors.
Attendees are required to bring at least 2 previously extracted and coronally accessed teeth. They are also encouraged to bring loupes for the course to aid in the hands-on portion of the program.
About the Speaker
Michael J. Ribera, DMD, MS
Dr. Ribera is a 1984 graduate of Boston College and a 1989 graduate of Harvard School of Dental Medicine. In 1990 he completed a general practice residency at Harvard’s Brigham and Women’s Hospital, and in 1992 received his Certificate in Endodontics and Master of Science Degree from Northwestern University Dental School in Chicago.
Dr. Ribera is a Diplomate of the American Board of Endodontics, a member of the Endodontic College of Diplomates, and a specialist member of the American Association of Endodontists. He is the 2006 recipient of the District of Columbia Dental Society’s David Mast Memorial Award for excellence in continuing education. Dr. Ribera is in full-time practice and maintains three offices in the Washington, D.C. Area.
*limited class size