Comprehensive Sinus Lifts: Transcrestal Sinus Floor Elevation & Lateral Approach with Dr. Al Panjali (Hands-On)
May 12 @ 8:30 am - May 13 @ 4:30 pm
One event on May 12, 2023 at 8:30 am
One event on October 20, 2023 at 8:30 am
Presenter: Al Panjali, DDS, MS., FAGD, DICOI
Date Selection: May 12 & 13, 2023, October 20 & 21, 2023
Time: Fri. 8:30am – 4:30pm, Sat. 8:30am – 12:30pm
Location: 1060 Main Street, Suite 201, River Edge, NJ 07661
CE Credits: 11
AGD Code: 310
Subject: Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
*Boxed lunch included
This comprehensive, interactive course provides an opportunity for participants to expand their knowledge base and clinical skills to allow for management of simple maxillary sinus cases. This course will cover choosing the most appropriate Sinus Lift approach; Crestal versus Lateral.
Through both lecture and participation activities, doctors will learn the fundamentals of sinus elevation to treatment planning and surgical techniques available to augment sinuses.
Discover the most contemporary methods to navigate the maxillary sinus.
By the end of this course participants will have gained:
- Anatomy and limitations of the sinus
- Bio Materials – an overview in relation to sinus
- Bio activators PRF
- Crystal and Lateral Approach Technique
- Post-surgical Management
Hands-On exercises will be performed both days on models.
- Various techniques for successful sinus crestal approach
- Lateral & crestal approach exercises on models
- PRF Protocols
- Phlebotomy and processing PRF; attendees are encouraged but not required, to draw blood on each other.
- Elevating and managing flaps for lateral sinus approach
- Identifying landmarks to locate anatomical sinus floor without radiographs
- Infractured and removed bony wall opening protocols to access Sinus
- Instrumentation for lateral sinus and techniques to release membrane
- Preparing the site for grafting with or without membranes, mixing graft materials and graft insertion
- Wound Closure
- Suturing techniques to achieve tension free closure
Upon Completion of this course, attendees will learn:
- Selection criteria of crestal vs lateral sinus approach
- How to obtain initial stability at the sinus floor
- Various crestal sinus approaches
- hydraulic pressure technique
- anatomy oriented lateral sinus technique
- Complications management
- Sinus membrane repair technique and management of mucous retention cyst.
- Maximizing bone regeneration at sinus cavity and sinus wound healing.
About the Speaker
Al Panjali, DDS, MS., FAGD, DICOI
Dr. Panjali has over 28 years of experience practicing all aspects of dentistry. Dr. Panjali is a graduate of New York University’s College of Dentistry and has a Master’s Degree in Oral Implantology from Goethe University, Germany. A leading authority in the country, his vision for practice is focused on patient comfort, quality, and convenience.
Licensed in New York State, Dr. Panjali has received numerous awards, presented lectures on dental implants nationally and internationally, and has been published in professional dental publications. Dr. Panjali is a Diplomate of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI). Diplomate status is the highest credential awarded by ICOI. Less than 1,500 dentists worldwide have achieved this level of distinction.
Over the course of 24 years, Dr. Panjali has lectured on and instructed thousands of dentists in the latest dental implant techniques, technologies, and procedures.
Professionally, Dr. Panjali has evaluated several leading implant systems with innovative surgical techniques, providing non-invasive treatment in everyday dentistry. He has assisted in developing surgical instruments that have made surgical procedures easier for both dentists and assistants. He has successfully completed clinical trials of Immediate Placement in infected sockets and has developed a predictable protocol to achieve excellent results. He is the founder of the “No Drill Osteotomy,” a unique technique for surgical implant placement.
"Course content and speaker were great."
-Dr. Gilda Bankian, San Diego, CA
"Thoroughly enjoyed the course and came out learning so much that will enhance my surgical experience."
-Dr. Ashumi Dave, River Edge, NJ
"Excellent course. Well ground in both scientific and evidence based dentistry."
-Dr. Peter Paradiso, East Hanover, NJ
"Excellent course! This was by far one of the best courses I have attended in a long time! Dr. Panjali was an excellent speaker and very engaging!"
-Dr. Teresa Bunn, New Haven, CT