Successfully Treating Pediatric Patients: A Comprehensive Hands-On Two Day Course
April 23, 2021 @ 8:00 am - April 24, 2021 @ 5:00 pm
One event on July 23, 2021 at 8:00 am
One event on October 23, 2021 at 8:00 am
One event on March 25, 2022 at 8:00 am
One event on October 21, 2022 at 8:00 am
One event on April 22, 2023 at 8:00 am
One event on October 13, 2023 at 8:00 am
Presenters: Doron Kochman, DDS FAAPD, ABPD & Sean McLaren, DDS, FACD
Date Selection: April 22 & 23, 2023, Oct. 13 & 14, 2023
Time: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Location: 1060 Main Street, Suite 201, River Edge, NJ 07661
CE Credits: 16
AGD Code: 430
Subject: Pediatric Dentistry
*Boxed lunch included
Treating pediatric patients can be both fun and financially rewarding for the clinician and the office staff.
Come join us to learn how!
- Identifying and managing age related differences in behavior
- Basic principles of behavior guidance
- Managing the physical environment
- What to do when kids cry
- Influence of the parent/caregiver
- Equipment considerations
- Restorative considerations unique to children
- Managing Anxiety
- Specific management techniques
- Dealing with "special needs patients"
- Identifying and treating common pediatric pathologies
- When pharmacological behavioral guidance techniques are needed
Hands on learning sessions will include:
- Specific restorative techniques:
- Preparation of stainless steel crowns, esthetic crowns including strip crowns, and Cheng crowns
- Modifications to common dental restorative preparations for primary teeth on models
- Endodontic techniques
- Participants will practice primary molar pulpotomies on models
- Interceptive orthodontic measures such as:
- Fitting orthodontic bands and techniques and hints for cementation of bands
- Techniques to treat ectopically erupting teeth such as the use of Separator Elastics, Separator Springs, and other devices
- Management of commonly occurring cases of oral-facial trauma
- Participants will practice techniques for splinting and repositioning of luxated teeth
- Behavior Guidance Techniques for Children
- Participants will be taught and practice techniques that can be used clinically with patients to manage a variety of issues such as: anxiety, pain, bleeding, parafunctional habits, tolerance with appliances, etc.
- Practice the use of various forms of restraints and mouth props.
- Pediatric Treatment Planning
Attendees are encouraged to bring loupes for the course to aid in the hands-on portion of the program. They are also encouraged to bring cases and/or treatment plans/x-rays that they are working on.
About the Speakers
Doron Kochman, DDS, FAAPD, ABPD
Dr. Doron Kochman is a board certified pediatric dentist in full time private practice in Pittsford, New York, at Pittsford Pediatric Dentistry (www.PittsfordPediatricDentistry.com).
He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry and a Diplomate of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry. He is also a Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Pediatric Dentistry at the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, and the Eastman Institute for Oral Health in Rochester, NY where he teaches pediatric dentistry to both post-graduate pediatric dental residents and to general practice dental residents. Dr. Kochman is a member of numerous professional organizations and has published articles and lectured nationally on various subjects related to pediatric dentistry
Sean McLaren, DDS, FACD
Sean McLaren, DDS is Chairman of Pediatric Dentistry at The University of Rochester Eastman Institute for Oral Health. He is a board certified pediatric dentist and former residency program director. Dr. McLaren has an interest in access to care, resident education, and teledentistry. He is a member of the ADA, NYSDA, 7th DDS, AAPD and a fellow in The American College of Dentists.
Home » Events » Pediatric Dentistry »