The Dentist’s Role in Sleep Medicine: Treating Snoring & Sleep Apnea (Hands-On) with Dr. Kenneth Feiler
If the selected course date is full (out of stock), please contact us to be added to our waitlist!
If you are registering for more than one person, please include the other registrants name in the “Additional information” field at checkout.
Presenter: Kenneth N. Feiler, DMD, FAGD, AAACD
Date: Friday, February 17, 2023
Time: 8:30am - 4:30pm
Location: 1060 Main Street, Suite 201, River Edge, NJ 07661
CE Credits: 7
AGD Code: 160
Subject: Sleep Apnea & Appliance Therapy (Electives)
*Boxed Lunch Included
Dangerous, widespread, debilitating, and yet....very treatable; these are words that highlight how Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) is a life threatening disease that needs to be addressed through teamwork.
Dentists and Physicians must cooperate bringing medical and dental treatment together for remarkable life saving results.
How best to treat and evaluate a patient’s progress with OSA is answered.
Dr. Feiler provides step-by-step instruction on how to:
- Recognize and treat OSA
- Use questionnaires to screen for OSA
- Do an airway examination and evaluation
- Read and understand sleep studies
- OSA vs. CPAP
- Evaluate and select the best oral appliance (OA) for each patient
- Work with physicians and medical boarded sleep specialist
- How to integrate the different levels of sleep medicine into your practice
- Recognize, prevent, and treat complications
- how to deal with a variety of patients' issues
- How to submit to medical insurance
This course shows you how Oral Appliance Therapy reduces co-morbidities, helps patients breathe easier during sleep, and saves lives. This is not only possible but expected.
The HANDS-ON Portion:
- Sleep Questionnaire
- Airway Examination and Patient Discussion
- Use of George Gauge for Bite Registration & Protrusion Setting
- Group Review of Lab Prescription and Communication with Lab
At the completion of this program, you will:
- Learn the basics of Dental Sleep Medicine
- Become aware of what a dentist can do to treat this serious medical problem
- Recognize sleep apnea patients in your own practice
- Evaluate different types of oral appliances
- Enhance your knowledge and skills for better patient care
- Be able to communicate with sleep physicians and sleep laboratories
- Understand medical insurance for treating sleep patients in your practice
Early registration $595 (Valid to 12/31/2022)
*Call For Staff Pricing
About the Speaker
Kenneth N. Feiler, DMD, FAGD, AAACD
Dr. Feiler has been caring for and creating beautiful smiles for 40 years, including those of celebrities from sports, film, television, and Broadway. A graduate of Rutgers University as well as the Fairleigh Dickinson University School of Dental Medicine, where he taught oral diagnosis and prosthodontics, he has written and taught for over 40 years in many aspects of dentistry. This has expanded into founding, and directing, the New Jersey Health Professionals Development Institute (NJHPDI), which offers and creates a variety of 60 to 100 health education courses each year for a total of over 7,000 dental professionals from 45 states and 20 countries.
Dr Feiler has a multi-specialty, multi-location, comprehensive care group practice where he still practices all phases of comprehensive oral healthcare including cosmetic smile makeovers, reconstructive, surgical, orofacial medicine and the treatment of sleep apnea. He practices with a wonderful group of long standing dental professionals, many with him for over 20 – 30 plus years.
Dr Feiler has treated patients for sleep disorders ranging from TMD, bruxism, snoring and sleep apnea starting in dental school. His treatment of snoring and sleep apnea patients increased with the addition of Dr Kenneth Hilsen to his practice, a prosthodontist and a pioneer in the field of dental sleep medicine. Dr Feiler continues to treat a large number of sleep apnea patients and feels strongly that all dental professionals should provide screening. recognition and treating or referring patients with sleep disorders. Dr Feiler has been a member of the American Academy of Oral Facial Pain, the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine and the NJ Sleep Society.
Among Dr. Feiler’s other achievements are fellowships from the Academy of General Dentistry and the National Institute of Dental Research in Bethesda, Maryland, being a member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry® (AACD) since 1988 and obtaining his AACD accreditation in 1991, becoming the first general dentist in New Jersey to become an Invisalign ELITE provider, continuous support of community projects and most importantly having three wonderful children and 3 spectacular grandchildren.
February 17, 2023
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.