Infection Control: What Your Office Needs to Know – Live Interactive Webinar with Ms. Rina Nowka, RDH, MA (Evening)
$145.00 – $225.00
If the selected course date is full (out of stock), please contact us to be added to our waitlist!
If you are registering for more than one person, please include the other registrants name in the “Additional information” field at checkout.
Presenter: Rina Nowka, RDH, MA
Date: Tuesday, April 25, 2023
Time: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
Location: LIVE INTERACTIVE WEBINAR
CE Credits: 4
AGD Code: 148 - Infection Control Elective
Subject: Infection Control Lecture
This course covers:
- The most current evidence-based practices and principles needed to implement an infection control program in a dental health care setting
- OSHA's Bloodborne Pathogen Standards
- CDC Updates and Summary of Infection Prevention Practices in Dental Settings
- This course has been approved by the NY State Education Department satisfying the requirement for NY State Licensure Renewal
This course is a required and comprehensive update on infection control issues including:
- Hand Hygiene
- Latex Sensitivity
- Updated Guidelines on Post Exposure Management
- Engineered Sharps/Safety Devices
- Immunization Series Recommended for DHCW
- And More!
- Satisfaction of OSHA's annual training requirement for all employees present
- Certification for those employees designated as the OSHA Staff person in their office
- Understand updated and current CDC infection control Guidelines
All dentists and dental hygienists in the state of New York must complete course work or training appropriate to their practice regarding infection control and barrier precautions, including engineering and work controls to prevent the transmission of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and the hepatitis b virus (HBV) in the course of professional practice, EVERY FOUR YEARS according to Section 6505-b of the Education Law. You must attest to having completed this requirement to the State Education Department on your first licensure/registration application and at every subsequent registration.
About the Speaker
Rina Nowka, RDH, MA
Rina A. Nowka, RDH, MA is a Full-Time Clinical Instructor and the Student Professional Development coordinator in the Department of Dental Hygiene and Dental Assisting at NYU College of Dentistry. She teaches preclinical and clinical care in the dental Hygiene Program. She currently serves as the Member Services Director of the NJHDA. She is also a practicing dental hygienist for over 30 years.
She has published in the Journal of Dental Education and has lectured at numerous dental meetings.
Dentist: $225 | Staff: $145
April 25, 2023
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.