Oral Cancer Screening & Exam with Dr. Robert Convissar (On-Demand)
Presenter: Robert Convissar, DDS, FAGD, DABLS, MALD
CE Credits: 1.5
AGD Code: 730
Subject: Oral Medicine, Oral Diagnosis, Oral Pathology Participation
The Oral Cancer Screening Exam is Suspicious…..Now What??
One person every hour of every day dies of oral cancer – with death rate in the United States of 40,000 deaths/year. It is the 6th leading cause of cancer deaths in men in the USA. Practitioners have many, many questions that arise as they introduce oral cancer screening into their practices. The purpose of this webinar is to familiarize the general dentist or specialist with the steps and procedures to perform when an oral cancer screening results in a positive test.
By the end of the program attendees will understand:
- When to perform the biopsy, and more importantly, when to refer
- What special equipment, if any is needed to perform a biopsy
- How to receive reimbursement for both the screening exam and the biopsy procedure
- How to select a pathologist to read the biopsy
- How to market this most valuable service to your patient base
- How to bring new patients into your practice with this technology
About the Speaker
Robert Convissar, DDS, FAGD, DABLS, MALD
Dr. Convissar is a pioneer in the field of laser dentistry. He has over 30 years of experience with CO2, Nd.YAG, Erbium and Diode wavelengths. The author of 16 papers and 6 textbooks on laser dentistry, he has presented over 300 seminars on 5 continents from London to Florence to Dubai to Tokyo to Sydney and everywhere in between. He practices cosmetic, restorative, and laser dentistry in New York City. His latest textbook, Principles and Practice of Laser Dentistry has been the # 1 selling laser dentistry textbook in the world for 9 years.
"Dr. Convissar is very informative, educational and energetic. Course was awesome!"
- Dr. Vikas Goel, Syracuse, NY
“Course was good and informative."
- Dr. Yuri Sirotinski, Queens, NY
- Dr. Elvira Delatorre, Elizabeth, NJ
"I can always count on high-quality programs from NJHPDI"
- Dr. Stacey Barkauskas, Montourville, PA
Oral Cancer Screening & Exam (On-Demand)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.