Pediatric Patient Treatment Techniques with Dr. Doron Kochman
If the selected course date is full (out of stock), please contact us to be added to our waitlist!
If you are registering for more than one person, please include the other registrants name in the “Additional information” field at checkout.
AGD Code: 430
Subject: Pediatrics Participation
This lecture will cover the most important issues that clinicians and their staff may encounter when interacting with pediatric patients and their families.
- Identifying and managing age related differences in behavior
- Basic principles of behavior guidance:
- Identifying what the "true" problem is
- How to control the situation (conversation, behavior)
- Managing the physical environment:
- What we see and what our patients see
- Being a "detective" - interpreting body language
- What to do when kids cry
- Influence of the parent/caregiver
- Equipment considerations and suggestions for simple and inexpensive modifications of the physical plant
- Restorative considerations unique to pediatric patients:
- tooth preparation
- specific restorative materials
- endodontic considerations and options (pulpotomy, pulpectomy)
- non-invasive techniques
- How does it affect behavior?
- Considerations for managing anxiety in different situations
- Specific management techniques:
- Tell, Show, Do
- Voice Control
- Non-traditional techniques (hypnosis, animal assisted therapy)
- Positioning techniques and aides
- Dealing with "special needs patients":
- Physically challenged - wheel chair accessibility, Visually Challenged, Hearing Challenged
- Psychologically challenged - Autism, Sensory
- Identifying and treating common pathology:
- Orthodontic considerations - missing teeth, extra teeth, delayed eruption, ectopic eruption, cross bites, open bites, habits
- Common malformations - physical and dental
- Periodontal considerations
- Eating disorders
- Identification, management, prevention
- When pharmacological behavioral guidance techniques are needed:
- What are your management options? (inhaled, oral, intravenous, general anesthesia)
- Precautions and considerations
Release Date: 04/2021
Expiration Date: 04/2024
About the Speaker
Doron Kochman, DDS, FAAPD, ABPD
Dr. Doron Kochman is a board certified pediatric dentist in full time private practice in Pittsford New York, at Pittsford Pediatric Dentistry, (www.PittsfordPediatricDentistry.com). He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, and a Diplomate of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry. He is also a Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Pediatric Dentistry at the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, and the Eastman Institute for Oral Health in Rochester NY where he teaches pediatric dentistry to both post-graduate pediatric dental residents, and to general practice dental residents. Dr. Kochman is a member of numerous professional organizations and has published articles and lectured nationally on various subjects related to pediatric dentistry
"Excellent course. Packed with information."
"Nice comprehensive course on pediatric dentistry. Haven't had a course like this since dental school."
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.