Ceramic Veneers: A Comprehensive 2-Day Workshop From Smile Design and Diagnosis Through Delivery and Finishing, Clinical Concepts & Pearls with Dr. Mark Pitel & Dr. Kenneth N. Feiler (Hands-On)
If the selected course date is full (out of stock), please contact us to be added to our waitlist!
If you are registering for more than one person, please include the other registrants name in the “Additional information” field at checkout.
Time: 8:30am – 4:30pm
Location: 1060 Main Street, Suite 201, River Edge, NJ 07661
CE Credits: 14
AGD Code: 250
Subject: Operative Restorative Dentistry
Sponsor: Ultradent, DMG
*Light breakfast & boxed lunch included
This course is for you:
- If you are currently not offering ceramic veneers in your practice, have done only a few cases or do not feel especially comfortable placing them.
- If you already do ceramic veneers on a regular basis and just want to hone your skills, learn how to treat more demanding cases, or pick up a few pearls, this program is full of material selected just for you.
This updated and comprehensive course will guide you through the entire process involved in placing esthetic veneers from case selection, smile design and treatment planning, workflow and preparations to their cementation and final finishing. Necessary adjunctive procedures such as clinical documentation, material selection, lab communication, impression techniques, photography, shade selection and emerging digital techniques will also be covered.
Topics covered include:
- Diagnosis, Treatment Planning and Smile Design
- Preclinical and Clinical Workflow of veneer cases
- Diagnostic waxups and mockups – how to use them to greatest advantage.
- Choices in ceramic veneering materials - advantages, disadvantages of each
- Silicone prep guides - labial and incisal, clear provisional templates
- Detailed discussion of tooth preparations for every clinical situation
- Margin placement - subgingival, equigingival or supragingival
- Vertipreps vs. Horizontal prep margins
- Veneering posterior, previously restored and mandibular teeth
- How to handle contacts - when to and how to break them
- Managing tissue issues – retraction, hemostasis and biologic width
- Impression taking - Getting it right the first time, every time
- Provisionalization (3 different techniques)
- Preparing veneers properly for try in and seating
- Adhesives and luting cements – which is ideal?
- Ceramic primers – which one is right, which one works best?
- Cases involving:
- an alteration in Vertical Dimension of Occlusion
- worn dentitions
- bleaching /whitening
- The importance of Ferrule design – what is it and why is it important?
- No prep veneers - how to, when to and when not to do them
- Handing tetracycline staining and discolored teeth
- The "zirconia veneer” – Are they really possible? Can they really be bonded?
- The APC technique – what is it and how well does it work?
- New digital interfaces for smile design and predictable outcomes
- How to remove defective veneer and crowns
- Plus many more topics . . .
To be completed by participants on typodonts
- Preparation of VPS Lingual/Incisal and a Labial Prep Guides
- Fabricating and using a clear prep/provisional template
- Preparing a complete laminate case with multiple prep designs (normal arch form)
- Preparing laminates on irregular arch forms
- Preparing a semi-permanent immediate crown with self-cured composite
- Taking a perfect full arch VPS impression without missing any critical preps
- Taking a Stick bite/centric relation record (optional – participant volunteer required)
- Provisional Techniques for Laminate Veneers
Clinical and video demonstrations
- Examination of patient and proper photographic record documentation – clinical
- Preparing VPS prep guides and provisional templates - typodont
- Shade Matching - clinical
- Putty wash master impression technique
- Stickbite centric relation bite registration technique
- Veneer preparations - typodont
- Shrinkwrap provisional techniques – typodont
- Failed Veneer and Crown Removal– reversible and irreversible removal using Er YAG laser (video)
Registration for this workshop is limited so that all participants will receive generous amounts of presenter time and personalized attention during all aspects of the program. Attendees are encouraged to bring records of previous or current cases to be reviewed and discussed by the presenters and group.
About the Speakers
Mark L. Pitel, DMD, FAGD, FACD, FADFE
Dr. Mark Pitel is a retired Associate Professor of Operative Dentistry and the former Course Director for Predoctoral Esthetics at Columbia University College of Dental Medicine. Prior to joining the faculty at Columbia, he was a Clinical Associate Professor of Cariology and Comprehensive Care at NYU College of Dental Medicine and the Clinical and Educational Director for their Linhart Advanced CDE Aesthetics Program. Since graduating from dental school, Dr. Pitel maintained private practices devoted to general, esthetic and implant dentistry in five US states for over 41 years (NJ, CA, PA NY and SC). During those years, he also maintained active memberships in the American Academy of Esthetic Dentistry, International Association for Dental Research, The Academy of General Dentistry, the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, and the American Dental Association. A past president of the New Jersey Academy of General Dentistry, Dr. Pitel has received fellowships from the American College of Dentists, the Academy of General Dentistry, the International Academy of Dentofacial Esthetics, holds Level II certification from the Academy of Laser Dentistry and has been recognized by Who's Who in Dentistry, America’s Top Dentists, and Dentistry Today’s CE Leaders.
Dr. Pitel is an internationally recognized lecturer on topics such as adhesive dentistry, dental materials, anterior and posterior esthetic restorations, and cosmetic and laser dentistry. He is a peer reviewer for the Journal of the American Dental Association and the Journal of Esthetic and Restorative Dentistry. In 2016, he was nominated for one of the ADA’s Annual “Evidence Based Dentistry” Awards.
To date, he has presented over 200 CE programs worldwide, authored or co-authored over 50 scientific papers and articles of interest to patients and holds several US and international patents. He is also the author of a textbook on dental impression taking.
Kenneth N. Feiler, DMD, FAGD, AAACD
Dr. Feiler has been caring for and creating beautiful smiles for 40 years, including those of celebrities from sports, film, television, and Broadway.A graduate of Rutgers University as well as the Fairleigh Dickinson University School of Dental Medicine, where he taught oral diagnosis and prosthodontics, he has written and taught in many aspects of dentistry around the country as well as NJHPDI.
This has expanded into founding, directing,and teaching at the New Jersey Health Professionals Development Institute (NJHPDI), which offers and creates a variety of 60 to 100 health education courses each year for a total of over 10,000 dental professionals from 45 states and 23 countries.
Dr. Feiler started his dental practice as a solo general practitioner with a special interest in bonded composite cosmetic makeovers where he personally developed a boutique cosmetic practice. Presently Dr. Feiler has a multi-specialty, multi-location, comprehensive care group practice where he still practices all phases of comprehensive oral healthcare including cosmetic smile makeovers, reconstructive, surgical, orofacial medicine, and the treatment of sleep apnea. He practices with a wonderful group of dental professionals.
Among Dr. Feiler’s other achievements are fellowships from the Academy of General Dentistry and the National Institute of Dental Research in Bethesda, Maryland, being a member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry® (AACD) since 1988 and obtaining his AACD accreditation in 1991, becoming the first general dentist in New Jersey to become an Invisalign ELITE provider, continuous support of community projects and most importantly having three wonderful children and 3 spectacular grandchildren.
Early Registration $1850 Valid Through Jan. 15, 2024
*limited to 24 attendees
April 12 & 13, 2024
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.